We are excited to bring you the Solar Energy Scholarship Fund.
Solar Power Nerd will reward $5,000 to one student who can write a thorough essay regarding solar energy.
The rules are simple: In the form below, write in 2,500 words or more about an original topic regarding solar energy.
This scholarship renews every year. If you don’t get selected for this round, try again next year.
How To Become Eligible:
- Must be Permanent Resident of or possess an authorization to study in the United States
- Must be entering or currently attending a College or University in the United States
- Must complete all requirements before application deadlines
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Scholarship Calendar For This Round:
- Application Open Date: March 31st
- Application Deadline: August 15th (scholarship renews every year)
- Application Review Process: January 16th – 31st
- Winner Announced: February 28th the following year
What If I Don’t Know Anything About Solar Energy?
Want to participate in the scholarship but not sure where to get ideas?
Here are some guides to get you started on how solar energy works:
How to Apply:
It’s very simple to apply.
All you need to do is come up with an original topic regarding solar energy. It can be about anything!
Here’s what your essay should include:
- A title
- Please link out to your sources when doing research
Not sure on what to write about?
You can literally write about anything as long as it sticks to the topic at hand, but just in case we’ve listed some ideas:
- The cost-effectiveness
- Renewable energy
- The abundance of solar energy
- Why it’s practical
- How it’s effective
- Does it help create jobs?
- Low maintenance of solar energy
- Sustainable energy
- Helps solve pollution problems
- Solar energy in Africa
- Investing in solar energy
- The new trend
- Literally anything related to solar energy – we encourage creative topics
In order to apply, please fill out the form below with your full name, contact information, current GPA, current major and essay of 2,500 words on your topic of essential oils.
[wpforms id=”1733″ title=”false” description=”false”]
We respect the privacy of students applying for this scholarship. For students applying for the scholarship, their information will not be shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that by submitting you scholarship education we reserve the right to use your essay in future publications on this blog.
Thank you for your participation!
Jill Saunders – Founder of Solar Power Nerd