10 Best Solar Jump Starters & Their Reviews [Updated 2022]
This list of the best solar jump starters is the one you wish you’ve read before it all happened. If you’ve ever been a victim of a dead car battery, you know how awful it can be.
Suddenly, nobody wants to lend a hand or help. The situation gets worse when you realize that if you have prepared, none of this would have happened.
As the name implies, you can use them to jump-start a motorcycle, recharge your camera, and power any electronic device like your laptop. The energy coming from the sun has millions of applications through all these solar jump starters:
1. Schumacher SP-400 Solar Battery Charger/Maintainer
If your car won’t start, the battery is the usual suspect.
To prevent your car battery from almost unlawfully stopping you from getting where you want, you’ll need the Schumacher solar battery charger especially, if your battery has a habit of breaking down at crucial moments.
You have two options:
- Buy a new expensive car battery.
- Turbo-charge your battery with a solar jumper.
This solar jumper works by being an “add-on” to your car battery.
All you do is hook it up to the battery. It’ll then keep your battery charged all the time.
The empowered car battery can then power your car stereo or help charge your phone.
It’ll NOT power electronic devices that consume a lot of energy like your plasma TV though.
On the other hand, it’ll help stop your battery from draining its juice.
Depending on the battery’s amperage, it can charge it in a few minutes.
To plug it in your cigarette lighter plug or other power ports, you must make sure they work without ignition.
Otherwise, you can use the battery clips to connect it directly.
If you park your car for a long time, this jump starter will also help the battery stay charged.
Especially during the winter months.
It needs very little sunlight to work, so even in the cloudy winter days, you can rely on it to keep your battery healthy.
It doesn’t have to be in your car.
It may be your boat, snowmobile, or truck.
Pros & Benefits:
- Extends battery life, so you don’t have to upgrade your battery.
- Perfect for all 12 Volts lead-acid batteries, fully charge your battery in 24 hours.
- Portable energy generator that doesn’t need electricity.
2. SUNER POWER Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer
If you want a jump starter for your battery, then why not prevent your battery from draining/leaking in the first place?
Because most people will get stuck in the middle of the road due to a faulty battery.
What if they kept their batteries charged all times? Won’t the be the ones helping others instead of asking for help?
And if your battery did run out of power, wouldn’t it be nice if you could recharge it in a few minutes and keep going?
Super Power converts solar energy into 12 Volts electric current, which is enough to power your car battery’s, motorcycle, or boat.
The solar cells on the panel can “expand” to absorb more sunlight and convert more energy.
It would charge the battery in what is known as the “trickle effect,” like producing “waves” of energy intervalley.
Thus, the soon the battery starts to leak, it receives a new charge wave.
In that way, the solar battery charger keeps your battery full.
This charger puts the power of the sun in your pocket.
But what if the battery became full, won’t the overcharging make it leak and reverse charge?
The thing is this solar charger “knows” when to stop.
So, there’s no risk of damage or overcharging.
Once the battery is fully charged the built-in blocking diode kicks in and stops charging.
The whole kit is made of durable material.
So, you can depend on it even if the going got tough.
Pros & Benefits:
- Easy to install: Every cable and clamp has a purpose of making connection easy.
- Portable size: you can store it in the trunk of your car in case of an emergency.
3. Sunway Solar Car Battery Trickle Charger & Maintainer
Are you willing to put this “any-weather” solar trickle charger to the test?
There’s nothing to think about because you need to stop your battery from draining before it breaks down especially if you drive a modern car because these cars come with a lot of sensors, screens, lights, and cameras.
Like it or not, these bells and whistles, which may happen to be essential to a superb driving experience come with a massive energy bill.
They put your battery on “high voltage” mode.
Assuming your battery is of the highest make, it deserves a “boost” in the form of a solar maintainer.
And unless you don’t want these great benefits, you must get this solar charger.
It doesn’t take a genius to learn to install it.
In fact, you can read the owner’s manual in five minutes and start using your item.
So, prepare for your next “battery crisis.”
It’ll not just delay the inevitable, and it’ll entirely put this problem on hold indefinitely.
- Put an end to battery draining functions in your car, without buying a new battery.
- Safeguard your battery against going completely drained and impossible to revive.
- “Troubleshooting” for your battery charge and energy level, so you can recharge it fast.
- Establish a recharge habit, so you recharge the battery even when you’re not using it.
So, there you have it, the sophisticated replacement for the traditional jump-starting method using other people’s car batteries.
It’s yours for a price that will continue to save you more than what you pay.
Pros & Benefits:
- Simple to use starter that works in the worst weather conditions you can imagine.
- Never worry again about your car’s battery sitting idle, because you can keep it “alive” with this perfect solar starter kit.
4. POWOXI Portable Car Battery Solar Trickle Charger
How would you like to have your own portable solar panel?
You can use to charge any other battery (not just your car battery), you can use it as a mini solar panel, and you can imagine the unlimited uses.
You see, regular electric-powered jump starters are designed to do just that: jump-starts your battery.
But a solar jump starter can be used in a myriad of ways.
This one comes with two cables:
1) alligator/crocodile clips so you can connect it to your battery nodes.
2) cigarette lighter plug so you can join it to the smoke lighter socket while driving.
But with the specialized cable, you can connect the 12V DC plug with other 12 Volts batteries.
You won’t find a more comfortable set up than that.
Have a look:
- Durable body made of ABS plastic material.
- Glassy surfaced solar panel that allows more energy collection and conversion.
- A LED light indicator of charging status.
It just looks like an enlarged iPad.
There are two important notes to make:
- This is NOT a solar charger that will charge a dead battery in a few seconds.
It may take a few days to recharge a completely dead battery.
The point here is to keep your already running battery in good shape and prevent it from useless draining.
It’s useful if your battery needs a quick “jump-start”, not a total revival.
2. Some car models will shut down the connection between the cigarette lighter plug and the battery when not ignited — making the cigarette lighter plus useless.
In that case, you want to use the alligator clips directly to the battery.
Also, you may need additional splitters, controllers, testers, and voltmeters to make the most of it.
But you know it, these additions aren’t necessary but will help charge your iPhone.
Pros & Benefits:
- Battery reverse-discharge function.
- Free 12-month warranty.
- Easy to store, and mount on car’s windshield with suction cups.
5. SUAOKI Solar Car Battery Charger
As a car owner, you’ll agree that the car battery is its beating heart.
The solar car battery starter will stop the car battery from needlessly draining its charge.
Extend the life expectancy of your battery.
Give you time to recharge.
Whip your car payments into a reasonable shape.
Save your money.
Give you control over your car’s energy consumption.
Give you a good night’s sleep.
Really, a solar jump starter can do all that?
Yes, and more.
Consider that a car battery is a small electricity reactor that wears down with both extensive and minimal use.
Consider also that it’s the most replaced part in cars.
The many imitations can’t match the powerful solar panel with its 18W capability and high solar cell efficiency.
A built-in blocking diode prevents the battery from discharging.
This is especially important during winter because you don’t want to shock your battery with sudden surges of energy. Instead, the charger work by GRADUALLY charging the battery.
This is crucial to battery health.
It’s light-weight and doesn’t take a lot of space.
At least, you can store it in the trunk of your car until you need it.
Or you can hook it up semi-permanently if you want to keep your battery topped off all the time.
Pros & Benefits:
- Get rid of “sluggishness” and start your car when you want to without delay.
- Park your car for as long as you need and you can keep your battery fully charged all the time.
6. SUNAPEX Portable Solar Trickle Charger for 12V Batteries
First things first: SUNAPEX Trickle Charger is the ultimate leaky battery survival kit.
Green energy isn’t just for survivalist types anymore.
If you’re a skeptic with a secret green energy fascination, or in the wanna-believe-in-green-energy-but-need-proof camp, you can get it and see for yourself.
It’s something you direly need for your 12V battery.
You won’t be disappointed or embarrassed that you cranked out the money for this kit.
The reviews on Amazon are robust enough that you’ll wonder how you’ve missed it all this time.
The solar jump starter kit is made to work in any weather condition to extend your battery’s life expectancy.
Over at the Amazon page, you can read tons of positive reviews.
They also mention:
- Fool-proof installation and maintenance…Anybody can connect and plug it without any experience.
- Sturdy and durable design…makes it withstand throwing, falling, and spilling your favorite tea.
- A worthy investment for the long-term…so you don’t have to “upgrade” anytime soon.
Come to the green side; we have free energy.
You don’t need to guess yourself second, because it has a blue light indicator.
A glass-covered surface help gathers and converts more sunlight into energy…jumpstart your battery and get going in a few minutes (on a sunny day).
A thin film protects the solar panel from lousy weather conditions…which means you can jump-start your battery even if it’s cloudy.
The ergonomic design makes it simple to mount it on any surface.
Pros & Benefits:
- More “horse-power” than others given the relatively low price.
- Compatible with all types of 12V batteries.
- Zero greenhouse gas emissions.
7. ZEALLIFE Solar Battery Charger Car
With a solar battery charger, you never need to worry about power outages ever again.
The solar panel stops charging automatically once the battery reaches 13.2V.
Add a regulator to the mix, if you’re worried about overcharging.
So, if your battery drains fast for no good reason, you can stop it with this solar jump starter kit.
At the same time, you’ll be able to charge your jump box, which means you can charge other electronics such as your laptop, camera, or iPhone.
In that way, you make your contribution to the environment by harnessing solar energy and reducing your carbon footprint.
This solar panel can also take a few bruises on the body without affecting performance.
It doesn’t break easily, which makes it an ideal companion on a bumpy road.
Don’t overlook it, even if it looks dirt-cheap because it can get you out of embarrassing situations like asking strangers for help. And you know all the hassle that comes with that.
You’ll be the one they ask for help because you have the right tool.
If you want to know exactly how to do it, it’s simple.
You just attach the alligator clips to the battery and ignite.
It takes a few minutes to recharge and jumps start your car.
It takes even less if you’re already attaching it with the cigarette lighter plug.
Pros & Benefits:
- If you’re looking for a permanent solution to your leaky battery, this solar kit will be like a dream come true.
- Works with all types of batteries.
- 12-month warranty: if you didn’t like its quality or if it stopped working the way it promised, you can return it immediately.
8. POWISER Solar-powered Battery Charger & Maintainer
It’ll be a challenge to confine all the benefits you get from that solar jump starter in this short review.
But let’s try.
For the little investment, you’ll receive this highly-recommended solar kit.
The kit contains one solar panel and three cables.
One of the wires is permanently attached to the body of the solar panel itself.
You can use this cable to connect it to the cigarette lighter plus or the alligator teeth cables.
Or any other set up you have.
The kit also contains four suction caps so you can attach the solar panel to any glass surface.
Preferably, underneath the windshield.
While you’re connecting it to the cigarette lighter socket.
Again, if you have another setup, that’s fine.
But you must have the right splitters for it to work.
You can easily attach your multimeter to the battery charging clip line if you want to measure output.
The critical use as a solar jump starter couldn’t be more comfortable because you can use the alligator cables to connect it directly to the solar panel and get your car started quickly.
It comes with all the standard features of a solar jump starter: Sturdy casing to withstand heavy work, energy-efficient surface, easy installation and maintenance, and trickle charge function.
It combines all the benefits of high performance, affordable price, and compact size.
Pros & Benefits:
- The complete solar jump starter kit available for citizen green energy lovers.
- A myriad of uses if you want to harness solar power for all your electricity needs.
- “Fool-proof” set up and it doesn’t take a lot of space in your vehicle.
9. GIARIDE Solar Battery Boost Jump Starter
Unlike the regular lithium battery-powered jump starters, solar jump starters allow you to generate energy on the move.
What would you do if your battery decided to stop working in the middle of the road because you forgot to turn off the lights last night?
Since you don’t have the “luxury” to return home so you can recharge your electric-power jump starters, you’ll need something that can literally generate energy out of thin air.
In this case, a solar-powered jump starter is what you’ll need.
Because you can jump-start your battery on the spot using solar energy.
What’s better is that you can attach the GIARIDE solar jump starter to the battery while driving or parking.
Thus, you’re charging your battery without doing anything out of the ordinary.
You prevent the battery from dying in the first place.
It truly makes your driving experience worry-free.
So, forget your lights on and play all the audiobooks you want on your way to work.
Your car battery will never fail you again.
Get this: the “invention” makes it easy for you to store your battery during winter months, and never worry about power depletion again.
It’s almost like cheating the system, and it’s perfectly legal.
Please, take a moment to remember all the clueless people stuck in traffic with a dead battery and nobody to help.
Do lend them a helping hand when you can.
Pros & Benefits:
- Not only prevent your batter from leaking its energy juice, but also maintain its lifetime, so it continues to serve you for more years to come.
- Get wherever you want…fast…knowing that a leaky battery can’t stop you from getting there.
Your battery and its charger will get on like a house on fire.
The charger generates on-demand energy for your battery, so there’s no waste.
It’ll make a huge (positive) impact on how you maintain your battery.
For environment conscious car owners: If you’re sickened by how the world leaders handle the climate change crisis and want to do something about it, this is your chance.
Power your battery with SUNKINDOM charger, and contribute to the environment.
Even in a small way.
Perhaps, you’re aware of the recent global climate strike, where millions of students and adults took to the street to protest.
You despise the ever-increasing rate of carbon emissions around the world.
Your heart grows heavy every time you read about the deadly effects of climate change.
One of the best ways to combat climate change is going green.
Generate your free energy, save money, and the environment.
Yes, going green is hard.
Yes, you’ll need to pay the price.
However, when you buy it, you’ll get something every car owner in the country wants.
The happiness that concrete confidence brings when you know your battery will never fail you and you can jump-start your engine in any scenario.
This battery charger and maintainer make a promise for you: You’ll drive fully confident of your car battery.
That, or you return the item and get your money back.
Pros & Benefits:
- The best prevention of battery power depletion.
- Complete kit with all necessary cables to jump-start your battery and no additional wiring needed.
- Much cheaper than electric-powered jump starters.
Now you have it, all the life-saving, money-saving, and time-saving solar jump starters.
You’ll never be again a victim of a dead car battery.
You have the means of your survival.
It’s time to make that road-trip you always wanted to enjoy.